Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

25 January 2024

On the Joys of Finding a Long-lost Project

 

By my original copyright date, I noticed it has been 14 years since I worked on this comic.

I had given up hope in finding my work-in-progress art for a pet project I had started over a decade ago.

The original ink drawings are hopelessly tucked away somewhere in my basement. Yet I distinctly remember scanning them to make a digital copy. Unfortunately, my continued searches for that pdf file remained fruitless and I had all but given up hope.

Much to my pleasant surprise, one of my compulsive routine habits of doing random numeric filename/info searches on my desktop computer for a few minutes every day uncovered the lost files inadvertently.

My previous specific searches were made using the wrong file name while the random numeric search latched onto the earmark of a deeper algorithmic feature of the file and brought it to the surface.

Page one of my lost project
jumps in with both feet.

This comic is a kind of sequel to my long-running Luminaus adventure series that ran in a teen outreach newspaper from 1979 through 1991.

I have a lot to catch up on with the project and I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth in to it! 

Stay tuned!





No comments: