Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

16 July 2023

Hot Summer 2023 Music Hot Takes

My three fave albums this Summer

I am playing all the songs on these albums a lot in this steamy, smoky and stormy Summer!

Here's why:

CHARLIE -- Puth is a master at writing hits with clever lyrics, beats and melodies. Every song on this album is a treat! They each tell part of a story, which I love. Standouts for me are That's Hilarious, Marks On My Neck (which I imagine as Renfield's theme song), and Charlie Be Quiet.

All 4 Nothing -- Lauv's writing is not as polished as Puth but when I hear his title song All 4 Nothing, I float --kinda like he's doing on the album cover. Besides the title track, I love Molly in Mexico, Stay Together and 26.

Summer Mixtape -- My most recent Summer obsession is album by The Driver Era. Ross Lynch and brother Rocky have made the perfect album for driving around on Summer nights. I'm liking all their songs here. But if I were to pic a top three tracks they would be Malibu, Turn the Music Up and Like a King.  

My Honorable Mention Singles are:

I'll let you give these a listen to see for yourself why they are cool.





No comments: