Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

08 November 2004

Elections & Moving to New Home -Busy Season

The house we moved into in 2004

I must say I'm glad that the U.S. elections are over. I'm disappointed that Bush won but I am confident that our democracy will endure as long as God allows. I could let myself get very negative about the Iraq occupation, U.S. National debt and the disappointment in what I see as the American electorate's capitulation to irrational fear...but I won't let myself dwell on that for now.

Lately I've been reading "The Battle of Salamis" by Barry Stauss on the pivotal Greek and Persian naval battle. Turning points in history fascinate me. Athen's unlikely victory over the enormous Persian navy is a remarkable story.

I've also been reading a biography of Andy Warhol (part of the Penguin Lives series of books). Being an artist myself, I am intriqued by the account of the illustrious Pop artist and his development.

I've moved since I last posted. THAT was an experience. Selling a house and buying another and then moving all my stuff to the new place. We had such wonderful and timely help from friends at work and church. We had only two days (actuall a day and a half) to move ourselves and with all the help, it almost seemed like we were wisked into our new home by angels. I am very thankful.

Link to some photos of our home since 2004

No comments: