Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

11 June 2023

Justice League: Warworld trailer and Review

Justice League: Warworld 2023 poster art.


[Warning: Mild Spoilers]

3 battle scenarios? An R rating? I was definitely intrigued!
It looked almost like an anthology: Diana Prince as "Pale Rider", Superman in a Twilight Zone episode and a "Batman the Barbarian", Sword & Sorcery sequence!

"Count me in!", was my reaction to the trailer.




After watching the film, I admit that it is full of unexpected twists and takes on the classic DC Super Hero Trinity of Clark, Diana and Bruce (I am on a first name basis).

I have to hand it to the writers and concept developers for innovation with retrofitting Warworld as less of a gladitorial environment and more of a weaponized battle star ship.

Mongul's character is also reimagined as less of a muscle-bound thug and more of a commander or a vague kind of capitalist autocrat who mines the fear and terror his world's population to power his ship.

In Justice League: Warworld (2023) Mongul is less braun and more brain.

How the three disparate scenarios experienced by Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman are explained was a big surprise to me. But I appreciate the plot twist.

It continues the animation style of Superman: Man of Tomorrow and Legion of Superheroes. It took me a little time to get use to the style but I have come to like the fresh look. Voice talent is well-used. Check the IMDB site for all the cast, but I will mention Jensen Ackles as a standout Batman.

I give it a "Worth the viewing" rating of 7 out of 10.





No comments: