Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

27 June 2013

Tigrikorn art showing a favorite technique of mine



I revisited an ink drawing of Tigrikorn that I made last year and I used color pencils to enhance it. First I copied the original art onto purple paper using an office photo copier. Then I added highlights and color using Prismacolor pencils.

Photo of the original ink drawing of Tigrikorn that I copied onto color paper and colorized further with color pencils.
© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.


I don't think I could ever get tired of this technique. Or at least I could say I have yet to plum the depths of my interest in combining line art with color paper and color pencils to create artwork.

I've been introducing this method of making art to my students for some time now and I hope that one day it will click with them and they will appreciate how fun it can be.

No comments: