Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

08 April 2013

Honoring the Fallen, Matthew 10:29

Color pencil sketch © by O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.

Every so often, I find their little, lifeless bodies in my yard; near the birdbath, on the patio. Once I found a poor little sparrow on my concrete front steps that must have tried to fly into our foyer but hit it's arched 2nd-story window pane above our front door. It was not yet stiff but it had no heartbeat. It's eyes were open in an inanimate stare.

I noticed the delicacy and finery of it's feathers. How light and small it's body was beneath it's downy-soft coat. I thought of the Lord's promise that he notices each time these tiny creatures falls from the sky. So how much more He will notice the travails of my life.

So I honor this fallen one with that meditation and the thanks for the care of Heaven. And I pray for all the fallen around the suffering world. Both human and otherwise.

No comments: