Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

19 February 2012

Self-Portrait, age 16


Pencil drawing in small sketchbook, 5 December 1976.
The "guess who." caption seems a bit coy to me now.


If someone were to tell me when I was a teen of the changes in my perspective on life that would take place between my 16 year old persona and my 51 year old self, I wouldn't believe them. It is something that is often mentioned in literature on human development but until one experiences it first hand, it is difficult to imagine. I consider it to be one of the miraculous aspects of human consciousness.




Self-Portraits continue to hold valuable appeal:

 

NYTimes Interactive Article on Albrect Durer's Self Portraits


Room Interior As Self Portraiture


Portrait Sketches of Friends and Family



 

© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.




No comments: