Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

09 October 2007

My room when I was 17




Just re-discovered this sketch entry from my flickr account. I made the drawing 40 years ago. 

It's of my room in my parents' house. Fond memories especially since the house is no longer standing.

It was an upstairs room. I had an old metal wardrobe. See a self-portrait of me at the time.

My parents let me draw superheroes on the walls (and on the door where I made a drawing of The Black Widow swinging from a rope). And I had this perfect Neal Adams "Jumbo" Batman Art pin-up on the wall (depicted in the upper left side of the drawing):

This 11"x 17" poster featured art by comics legend Neal Adams.
More the comic book it came from here.

 

 
I have a lot of good memories of staying in that room.

The house is no longer standing because it burned down due to faulty wiring a few years ago.

The drawing of my room was done in felt tip marker (Sanford Expresso) and Mongol colored pencil. 

Two years later, I moved into this room.






No comments: