Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

26 August 2010

Self Portrait from My Imagination

© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.

 

While I drew this self-portrait, I relied entirely upon features that I recall from glimpses of my self in the mirror. I did no preliminary pencil sketch and wish I could erase the line at the top of my head which looks like a stray strand of hair. Actually I'm mostly bald on top. That line was an error I made while making the contour of the top of my head.


To much explanation, I know. Anyway, after looking at this, I think it has captured some of my features but is not a very accurate likeness. The expression is more sad than I'd want but I've drawn such expressions before in my more visually-based mirror-drawn self portraits.



 

See my Self Portrait Album on Flickr


NYTimes Interactive Article on Albrect Durer's Self Portraits


Room Interior As Self Portraiture


Portrait Sketches of Friends and Family



No comments: