Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

26 August 2010

Self Portrait from My Imagination

© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.

 

While I drew this self-portrait, I relied entirely upon features that I recall from glimpses of my self in the mirror. I did no preliminary pencil sketch and wish I could erase the line at the top of my head which looks like a stray strand of hair. Actually I'm mostly bald on top. That line was an error I made while making the contour of the top of my head.


To much explanation, I know. Anyway, after looking at this, I think it has captured some of my features but is not a very accurate likeness. The expression is more sad than I'd want but I've drawn such expressions before in my more visually-based mirror-drawn self portraits.



 

• See my Self Portrait Album on Flickr


• NYTimes Interactive Article on Albrect Durer's Self Portraits


• Room Interior As Self Portraiture


• Portrait Sketches of Friends and Family



No comments: