Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

23 April 2010

Memories of Dog Sitting

 

© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.

Dog sitting can be such a sweet gig...staying in a nice home, with nice stuff, etc. When I was single I would dog sit a lot and always enjoyed it. Either my hosts had great TVs or terrific libraries or both (I first read the MAUS graphic novel while dog sitting).


Once, however, I accidentally locked my self and the dog, Brandy (a German Shepherd) outside of the house. The neighbors, let me use their phone. I had to use the $40 spending cash my clients left me for a locksmith. But the family were very nice and I dog/house sat for them numerous times afterwards. I did a sketch on a post card of their living room at one point. You can see it in more detail by clicking on the sample of it above.

I was inspired to write this blog after reading diary comics by Dustin Harbin

No comments: