Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

22 July 2009

WATCHMEN Cottage Industry


WATCHMEN News!, originally uploaded by Tigrikorn.

The release of the DVD of the movie WATCHMEN spurred me on my obsession with it. I saw the movie twice in the theater and got the DVD on my following birthday (thanks to my kind daughters!).


 My fanboy thirst was not slaked until I checked out, from the library, all available published work related to the film and graphic novel.

Truly the Graphic Novel created a kind of "cottage industry" in collateral material surrounding the book which, although decried by its creator, continues to see sporadic revivals. 

One of my favorite spinoffs was a book relating the themes and characters of WATCHMEN to the study of philosophy. Heady stuff!

UPDATE EMBED: Fun Lampoon of Watchmen as a Saturday Morning Cartoon Series Intro



No comments: