Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

02 May 2009

Free Comic Book Day Goodies



Free Comic Book Day Goodies, originally uploaded by Tigrikorn.
After my cartooning class this morning, I went to Beyond Tomorrow Comics in Palatine Illinois and picked up a bag full of free comic books.

There were a couple of kids when I went and one little guy must have been approximately 6 years old and was enthralled by the DC Kids Sampler (top left). He was looking at a panel that showed Billy Batson turning into Captain Marvel by saying "Shazam" and asked his mom why he was being struck by lightning. They were standing right next to me so I couldn't help but tell him briefly how Billy is transformed into a superhero with a that magic word and that the lightning is always part of it. The look of wonder on his face as he processed this info and gazed at the comic was priceless.

No comments: