Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

14 November 2004



Ucky Day! I got a ticket for improper hi beam usage. I should have known better. My headlights went out due to some quirky Hyundai design flaw and so I have been using my high beams to drive at nite. Unfortunately, when driving behind a police officer with time on his hands, it is a ticketable offense. I shouldn't feel so bad, however. I found out that I did not put my insurance document in my glove box last time I renewed it and he was going to ticket me for that as well but then he got a call on his radio to go somewhere else. So now instead of 200 + dollar fine I have to only pay $120.

I've been really irritable since I got home from that experience and have not felt anything but stress most of the evening. Having to finish laundry, pack lunches for tomorrow, help the kids with homework and other domestic duties has been unpleasant. But, as I said, I should look at the bright side. Everything happens for a reason and in the case of my headlights/ticket situation, I have no one to blame but my self for not getting that fixed earlier. Well, I must be going. No comments on news events. Still reading a biography on Andy Warhol and can identify with him a lot as an artist. I enjoyed reading about his pre-pop days when he made artbooks for friends. Very cool.





No comments: