Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

10 November 2004

Better View

Family Polaroid Photos

 

Busy busy busy. Just a little note at the end of my day. My kids are tucked in and I'm about to call it a night. I did some work in the basement tonite; putting up shelves. I had to move some boxes and found one with our family photo album. There was an album that had pictures from when my wife and I were first dating, then when we were engaged, then newlyweds and then new parents. I look at myself 16 years ago and miss my youth. 

Watching myself get old is tough. I am reminded of the aging process everyday when I look at my hands. But before I fall into a state of self pitying misery, I must admit that my perspective on life after all these years is worth it all. 

As much as I miss my youth, I value the insight that comes from living and learning about living all these years more than what I've lost as I age. I value people more than I did 16 years ago. I appreciate what I have more than I did then as well. The view from here is worth the loss of youth with all its blindness.

No comments: