Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

15 November 2004

"The Victors write the History"

Photo of mums in my garden taken a month before this post.
Heh-low. Just added comments feature. All the thousands of people who read this blog now have the option to comment on what meager postings I make.

Day was full. Busy at work. Refinanced my mortgage. Bought 4 trees for the yard. Took my car in to get the headlights fixed. I have yet to pay my fine from yesterday. I don't know if I want to pay extra to keep the violation off my record. Still weighing the risks etc.

I'm feeling like I might be coming down with something so will try to get to bed early. On the public radio station I listen to (WBEZ Chicago), I heard a guy, in regard to the history of Africa, say something like, "The Victors write the History". He said this in response to the question as to why most Americans don't know the tragic, exploitative history of Africa's colonial past. The book "Good Muslim, Bad Muslim" discussed that issue extensively...postulating that the U.S. plight in fighting the war on Terrorism is rooted in the colonial exploitation of African and the Middle East that took place in the 1800s. Intriguing topic.

Photo of part of my back yard taken a month before this post.

No comments: