Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

25 February 2010

Neil Gaiman Event Sketches

 



My sister, Alicia, and I attended a public reading by author Neil Gaiman of portions of his books and poetry in Naperville/Aurora this past Tuesday. I got lost on the way there from work but arrived before Gaiman stepped up to the podium. Fortunately, Alicia saved me a good seat just a few rows back. N.G. was immensely entertaining as he read portions from "Stardust", "Anasi Boys" and his poem "Instructions". Typical of most Americans, I found his English accent entralling. He answered questions from the audience during a stimulating Q&A segment. I took notes and made sketches in my Moleskine. Click on the image to follow the link to my flickr site and select "All Sizes" to see detailed notes on each spread of the scanned sketchbook.

Sketches © O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.

No comments: