Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

20 August 2007

Blue Beetle Maybe?

Bug Guy
Originally uploaded by Tigrikorn
I went to Wizardworld Comic Con two weekends ago. On Friday, I managed to get away over my lunch hour and stop in. I had a great time visiting at the booth (table) of Joe Chiapetta. I highly recommend his graphic novel, SILLY DADDY. It's a terrific slice-of-life comic about his life as an artist and family man. Very cool.

I enjoyed Friday at Wizardworld the most and recommend going on that day because it is not so crowded. I went Sunday as well and enjoyed speaking briefly with comic artist Jim Starlin. He was one of my heroes when I was a comic reading Teen as he wrote and drew the Adam Warlock series. He didn't appreciate me mentioning that because he and Marvel are on the outs but he's doing a new DC comic series so that's cool.

You can see more of my WizardWorld photos here

No comments: