Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

12 September 2022

Over the Water Fall in a Barrel of Monkey Bots!

Cover art by Gord Pullar

I’m racing to post this review of Poet Darrell Epp’s up-to-now most recent book of verse "Mechanical Monkeys" and to be able to jot down my thoughts before the imminent debut of his very latest poetry book in October!

On the heels of his collected volumes of poetry ‘After Hours’ and ‘Sinner’s Dance’, I found 'Mech.Monk.' to be as wonderfully evocative and “ear-worm-ie” as his previous books. 


Epp’s poems contain a multitude of touchstones for me involving pop-culture, community life, times and places. I feel I’ve experienced similar thoughts, encounters and observations in daily life.


There is substantial novelty & mystery in Mechanical Monkeys that comes in part from the otherness of Epps unique perspective of the world. You will very likely find it generates ‘mini-bursts’ of enlightenment and footholds of revolution. At least it does for me!


Check out Darrell's twitter post about Mechanical Monkeys and acquire your own copy on Amazon:



Start HERE to read reviews of Darrell's previous poetry volumes 

No comments: