skip to main | skip to sidebar

Point of Exquisite Suspension

Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

13 May 2020

Watching-a-Robin-Family Comic Story



Intro sketch of the mom & dad robins that made a nest on the corner of our grape vine trellis

 

© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.

My post-it note comic is based on a true story! It had been over 4 days since the mom robin had not been back to her nest. And then I found a pile of Robin feathers near by. My daughter used a step chair to look into the nest without disturbing it and took a photo that revealed an egg. I'm not sure why the nest had been abandoned. It’s very possible something caught the poor little Robin or maybe she just abandoned the nest because she sensed the egg was not viable.






Posted by O. Douglas Jennings at 9:41 AM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: art, comics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My photo
O. Douglas Jennings
I'm an Art Instructor with a specialty in Cartooning and Drawing. Also I am a semi-retired Graphic Artist after being in the publishing industry for three decades.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

  • Moonrise (a recollection)
    "Moonrise" art © O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved. "Attention, Please." Every head in the classroom tur...
  • Children of Atlas
    "Consider the Earth Worm"  © O. Douglas Jennings I am convinced that earthworms must be one of the most underrated wonders of ...
  • The First Graphic Artists
    Creating graphic symbols apparently is one of the oldest activities of the human race. I've been reading and video-watching about e...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One of the images from my Self Portrait flickr set.
  • Self Portraiture Set on Flickr
  • TigriKorn--my cartoon class comic 'zine.
  • The art school where I teach.
  • One of my flickr sites