Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

07 April 2020

Batman the Animated Series: Moon of the Wolf



Above is an excerpt of Batman the Animated Series' version of a classic comic story adapted for TV. In the TV adaptation, Batman initially fights off the werewolf to save a security guard. In the comic, he intervenes in the werewolf's attack on an unsuspecting attractive young lady. 

It is based upon the classic story of the same name that appeared in Batman 255 (1974), written by Len Wein who also wrote the screen adaptation for BTAS! There are a lot of great image captures from the comic online. Check 'em out!





Click on above samples for larger view.


I actually met Dick Giordano who inked Neal Adams' amazing art for this comic and he signed my copy. But I lost it (I will always remember DG's graciousness toward me, however). 

 The art and story captivated my imagination in an indelible way. Werewolves were the scariest of the classic movie monsters in my mind. I would have nightmares about those horrific creatures! To see Batman face my most terrifying 'bogeyman' was cathartic!

On the lighter side of things, here's my sketch and ideas for a DIY Werewolf costume for Halloween!


No comments: