Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

08 June 2010

Moleskine face cars etc




During department meetings at my day job, I take my Moleskine sketchbook and doodle while I listen to the proceedings. Lately my favorite subjects for sketching has included cars. I've become fascinated with the variety of auto design. 



When I'm on the street I can't stop ogling cars. A big truck with a carrier full of new cars was on the road yesterday and I almost got into a wreck looking at it and all the variety of designs in one spot. 



My sensibility has not caught up to this modern look yet. I'm still focused on the cars that I grew up with in the 70s which are cool (Muscle cars, etc) but I love the modern tech look and hope to incorporate sketching today's designs into my skill set.

© 2015 O. Douglas Jennings
All rights reserved.

No comments: