Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

20 December 2007

Happy Holidays





Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

My new year's resolution will be to blog at least twice a week! The art with this post is an image I created with my comic characters.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Audio Books. I just finished the Golden Compass by Philip Pullman which was excellent. I haven't seen the movie yet but the quality of the Audio book (unabridged) was incredible. Actor's voiced the characters while the author read the narration. It was very much like a movie yet with none of the editing. I highly recommend it. Some people have said that it is anti-Christian but I don't get that impression at all. Although author Pullman is an admitted athiest, he doesn't preach through his fiction and he is even handed regarding matters of religion. If anything the book is anti-religious oppression/hypocrisy. I found it to be a refreshingly straightforward yet profound and entertaining adventure/scifi story. I can't wait to read the whole trilogy.

I'm currently listening to "The Republic: a biography" about the classic book by Plato and it's influence on Western Thought. I sounds dry, I know but it is actually fascinating. Plato's Republic has influeced everyone from Romans to Christians to Muslims to Nazi's....

I'm also reading The Dancing WuLi Masters by Gary Zukav. It is a terrific and easy-to-understand explanation of Quantum Physics.

Well, best wishes for the holidays. I'll most likely not post any more until after Christmas.

No comments: