Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

27 January 2020

Silver-Age Comic Retconned for Trump Era

I do not know what comic book or exact period from which this comic page originated, but the characters and, expecially, the visuals resonated with me in this dark age of the Trump Presidency. I think it's the style of hair and eyebrows of the main character "Kramer".

Do you see why?


 So... I retconned it and added my own lettering to make it even MORE fit today's headlines!



 Maybe it's a bit over-the-top. But I'll consider this to be today's #365daychallenge entry.

Below is another comic retconned (both original and altered versions) that a student of mine and I worked on:



https://tigrikorn.tumblr.com/post/127500900209/the-top-page-version-is-the-original-comic-the

No comments: