Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

02 July 2018

Emoji Tech...



BREAKING 2023 New Update Intro:






AND... From earlier in 2023:
Hats off to this Master-level Emoji crafting below used to summarize a news event!




Ok. So maybe the Emoji Movie bombed at the Box Office —see Rotten Tomatoes. I confess I couldn't bring my self to see that movie. But sometimes I still wonder if there could be a future in "Emoji Technology". Would it be a stretch to imagine that someday there might be good money in being an Emojitician?

Screen capture from getemoji.com

After all, as I explore in my previous blog post about the First Graphic Artists, symbolic, iconic imagery has a long, LONG tradition in anthropology and human history. The "Have a Good Day!" Smiley Face was the precursor to our love-affair with today's emojis. I'd love to have a glimpse into the future to see the next generation of the friendly little symbols.

Who knows. Someday we might all communicate primarily in emojis and there might be advanced degrees in "Emoji Studies". "O Brave New World!"

NOTE ON 7/5/18: After I posted this blog, I found out about the "Emojicon" in NYC one Summer!
AND the article in Fast Company Magazine had a similar illustration concept as I had! ^_^

I'm not sure if it is an annual event. I'll update this again if I find out more!

 

UPDATE 26 March 2022:


My Emoji only dialogue comic!

Check it out below! I found a strip of forgotten pencil art for an old "Artie the Artist" comic I created in the 90s. It had no dialogue but I remembered the basic plot. I inked it and added modern emojis to make it a wordless comic. A mix of old and new! Notice the old cradle house phone.

© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.


Click Here to Learn New Findings on The Origin of Writing & How Emojis Help Us!



Click HERE to read how Emojis can be racist.


2022 UPDATE: Emoji Generation Gap at Play in the Workplace --



Read about the meaning of each Heart Emoji! <3



No comments: