Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

11 October 2017

Gigantic / Run - #Inktober2017 Days 10 & 11 #Inktober

#Inktober2017 Day 10 "Gigantic" #Inktober © O. Douglas Jennings
I created this art using a Sharpie Pen on a Post-it Note. I erroneously wrote "Gargantuan" as the prompt. That is a bit of a brain lapse on my part. It is actually "Gigantic".

I've always enjoyed the concept of the "Gentle Giant". That idea inspired me for this art.

#Inktober2017 Day 11 "Run" #Inktober © O. Douglas Jennings
The evening prior to my drawing this entry for #Inktober, I watched the season premier of The Flash. So this morning I was eager to dovetail my enthusiasm for the new speedster's episode with today's prompt. As has been my procedure for all my Inktober art, I did not begin the drawing with a pencil sketch but used ink first to last. I think I might have made a more dynamic and anatomically accurate drawing if I had made a pencil sketch first, but in any case it was a good exercise.

No comments: