Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

28 July 2010

Follow up on my sick fish problems...

© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.

 

I have finally found a way to treat a sick goldfish that actually works. Since the time I made the drawing above, I have had another goldfish and a beta fish. Both have gotten ill and died.


In March, for the Persian New Year, I acquired two new goldfish. Things were going well for them until one developed an open sore on his head. When my beta died I had learned too late that there are medicines for sick fish that could be added to the water.

So I went to Pet Smart and found a bottle of it. It smells like Vicks Vapor Rub but I followed the instructions and my fish's sore went away in three days. I'm so happy. I'm thinking we might be able to keep these fish alive long enough for the Persian New Year in 2011.

No comments: