Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

17 November 2015

Late 80s Character Sketch Bears Fruit in Making Teaching Aid

The drawing below was of a character to used to introduce comic art lessons in a workbook. A tongue-in-cheek take on the Marvel Character, the Punisher. I created the sketch in '88:



© O. Douglas Jennings. All Rights Reserved.

 At that time, I couldn't figure out what kind of gun he'd have. I considered a Wacom Pen. But the idea languised for many years.

But then recently, on a Post-it Note, I made a more complete drawing of the dude. I just fabricated a pen-like weapon/blaster with an inkwell on top:



© O. Douglas Jennings. All Rights Reserved.


This recent version is one that I used on a Cartooning Worksheet:

© O. Douglas Jennings. All Rights Reserved.
 Notice how I modified the logo for the worksheet and added a close-up of the character. It's not an entire book. But I'm glad that I finally could use the idea. ^_^


No comments: