Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

14 April 2015

Art Gallery Patrons Pics Continue to Intrigue

The photos below were taken as I walked from the main European Painting Gallery at the Art Institute of Chicago to that museums Impressionism section. As I entered the room where Seurat's famous painting, A Sunday on La Grande Jatte, was on display, I encountered the scene in the first photo. The viewers looked like wealthy patrons. They had staked out their positions before the masterpiece.



As I made my way through the room, I couldn't help but take another photo of the couple. The man, who reminded me of Daddy Warbucks from the classic Orphan Annie comic strip, seemed much more interested in the painting than the woman on his arm.




Scenes like this fascinate me. You can see my previous entry and photo of gallery patrons here.



No comments: