Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

05 February 2014

Two Notes


I took a snow day today. I was on the way to work and had been in the car for over a half hour yet had only been able to traverse 2 miles of my 12 mile commute. I hated the idea of spending hours in the car just to get to work for a few hours only to subject my self to driving home again. So I turned around, returned to my house, helped some neighbors dig out of their drive ways and then emailed my boss that I was taking a vacation day.

As I was finishing up my shoveling my own driveway I heard a cheerful little two-note bird whistle. 

"What bird stays around in this cold weather?", I thought to myself. 

The sound was coming nearer. Finally I noticed a little black-capped chickadee landed in our pear tree near the street. "Hi, There!", I said. He whistled back his two notes as if to say the same. It hadn't stopped snowing yet and the sky was still cloudy. But that little bird was like a ray of sunshine to my soul.



Chickadees have lots more calls! This video tell you about 8 of them!



No comments: