Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

02 October 2017

Online Art Challenge Spurs Creativity & Skill Development

Prompt: Swift
Prompt: Divided
 
At this start of my participation in #Inktober2017 (Days 1 & 2), I feel I'm a bit rusty on inking so I am happy for the challenge to daily practice my skills. 

So many artists have been posting amazing work. I hope to get better by the end of the 31 days.

NOTE: Click each image to view larger.
UPDATE: For some reason, Day 2 image above will not enlarge upon click.
So I've added it again at a larger size.

 

EXTRA:

I'm learning a lot about my favorite style of inking. For a few years, I used a ball-point pen to create art and make sketches in my sketch books. Ball point pens have a surprisingly wide variety of lines and effects.

But more recently, I've been using felt pens such as sharpies of different kinds and Micron pens for details.

My first two entries in the Inktober2017 challenge were made with a Sharpie Pen (not the permanent fine point) for Day 1 and then a Tombow brush pen for Day 2 with additional finer crosshatching with the Sharpie pen.

I'm not happy with the Tombow brand of brush pen so I will need to try one of their competing brands, I guess.
 
#Inktober




No comments: