Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

11 December 2015

Did I Ear You Correctly?

 

I'm not sure if the dialogue order sequence in the above comic is very clear... But, anyway, I took a photo of my ear with my cell phone, emailed it to myself, then cropped/enhanced it in Photoshop before printing it out and drawing on the photo.

I created the original version of this comic for my Tigrikorn 365 Days of Creativity project in 2011.

At that time, in preparation, I also made ear sketches on my gridlined Moleskine sketchbook below.



 © O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.


Although they all have common characteristics, each person's ear is unique. And, although I often make ear sketches in simplified cartooning style, I always appreciate a well-drawn ear.

No comments: