Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

22 November 2015

Nature Man

Photo by Doug Jennings 2006
After being inundated with our first snow of the season (breaking a 100 y.o. record), I'm visiting recollections of a warmer time.

Chacha and I came upon this sculpture at a little park while riding our bikes near our  home a few years back. We found our selves in the neighboring hamlet of Sleepy Hollow Illinois.

"It is somewhat frightening!!" remarked a friend who saw this photo.

It actually seems less so in person. The colors are very pretty. And it stands about 5ft, 9 inches tall. So it is not too imposing.

Photo by Doug Jennings 2006

 I don't know if it is still there. The sign says it was placed there by "Artistic Bits Arts Center & Gallery" along with local corporate sponsors. I had not heard of that Arts Center even though it is cited (through my Google search sources) as being in my town, West Dundee, IL.

At any rate, I admire the mosaic work of the sculpture. It still holds some inspiration for me.

No comments: