Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

02 April 2014

Hands-free




"Using my hands-free remote I am having Siri to help me post something on my blog."

Sent from my iPhone

The above line is my first hands-free remote blog post that I made this morning on my way to the office. It took several attempts for me to speak something that Siri would transcribe correctly. But it's a start. It definitely seemed to shorten my awareness of time on my half-hour commute.

I also made some tweets using Siri:


You can tell by the awkward wording that Siri didn't quite get what I was trying to say… at least on the tweet about the Canadian Goose.

I wonder if Google Glass will be able to recognize speech any better.

Even so, I think sending tweets using Siri is more effective than blog posts. That one first line was just to prime the blog posting pump. But it got me to build upon it and add some photos and explanatory text.



No comments: