Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

19 March 2014

Sci Fi Dude



Sci Fi Dude, originally uploaded by Tigrikorn.
I took a old sketch and built on it to create this scene.


I created the final art in Photoshop. Notice I changed figure and base to be slanted. The idea that he was a kind of pilot or traveler using highly-advanced life-support technology is what I aimed for.

The song by Sting, "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" was also and inspiration. And I, in fact, thought of naming the art "Soul Pilot" if I were to market the piece.

I've gone back and forth on whether one's soul has the where-with-all to be a solo pilot through life. There are higher resources that we can call upon, I've come to conclude.

Here is an animated version of this art on Ello.

No comments: