Thoughts & life experiences of a Chicago area graphic artist

24 January 2012

Face Studies



© O. Douglas Jennings. All rights reserved.

The variety of facial attributes is always a joy to explore. I doodled these during a staff meeting but these are people from my imagination. On the profiles I start with the outline of the face then add the features. On the full-face studies, I begin with the eyes and add the other features around it. I used no preliminary pencil sketch. Flair Ultra Fine Point Marker on Paper.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

What a talented artist... I dig your work. Tigrikorn is a hottie!
Best wishes from Portland.

O. Douglas Jennings said...

Thanks for your comment, Stephen! I enjoy your blog. I found it when I was doing a search for info on Don Bachardy. Your entries about him are great. So I'm glad to have found such a good source for such insightful posts. :)